Don’t give up hope. God is there for you!
How to Become a Christian – Eternal Options
Realizing how to become a Christian is the most important discovery of your life! Becoming a Christian is more than joining a church or saying a prayer. It is a personal relationship that will last for eternity. Do you know what will happen to you the moment you die? Where will you find yourself? Where is your destination?
There are only two destinations – and both are eternal: You will either find yourself living for eternity in heaven or existing for eternity in hell. Where will you be?
- Eternity in heaven – This destination is reserved for those who receive Jesus Christ’s gift of eternal salvation. Contrary to popular belief, heaven is not for the church-goers, the devout, or the “good people.” The only stipulation is receiving God’s gift of salvation.
- Eternity in hell is reserved for those who reject Jesus Christ and His Gospel. The Bible sums up the Gospel like this: : “…That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Hell is described in the Bible as a fiery lake of burning sulfur.
How to Become a Christian – Studying the Facts
The Bible explains how to become a Christian in very simple terms:
- Realize that everyone has sinned and can not live up to God’s standard of holiness. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Understand that the penalty for our sin is death. Romans 6:23 states: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Accept God’s gift. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die in our place, so we could be spared from hell. Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” According to the Bible, we aren’t required to subscribe to a religious formula or do more good things than bad ones. God gives His gift freely to all who ask. “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).
How to Become a Christian – 100% Assurance
Once you discover how to become a Christian and then accept God’s gift, the Bible says that you can be 100 percent assured of your eternal designation.
1 John 5:11-13 says, “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”
Do you know for sure that you will spend eternal life with God in heaven? If not, this is a decision you don’t want to put off.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Here is a suggested prayer. This is not a ritual based on specific words, but rather a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith.
“Father, I know that I have broken Your laws and my sins have separated me from You. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward You. Please forgive me, and help me turn away from sin. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”
Congratulations! Welcome to the family of God!
Please tell us your story, ask us a question, or send us your feedback using the form below.
I still have questions…..
Please fill in the contact form above asking us any questions you have and a capable member of our leadership will get back to you as soon as possible.